Monday, September 11, 2017

We Won't be Distracted by Comparison if We are Captivated with Purpose

Goals are one of my largest priorities in life. How can one not live a life with at least one or more goals? We are constantly growing as people therefore one cannot say, "I know it all." We never will know it all. Learning in general, is a key fundamental to life and how we should strive to live... I've been a mother for 7 years now; and let me tell you I am learning something new about motherhood every single day! Having adopted 4 kids (after a 2.5 year process) and became pregnant, bared, and birthed my youngest; I have already gained a lot of knowledge between pregnancy and ages 0-11. As an adult I have experienced not only motherhood but marriage, divorce, and blending family. My career experience lasted 14 years before making the decision to stay home with my children. It's interesting how we can learn through experience but no matter what we continuously learn every day in all aspects of our lives because with every new day comes a new experience.

When I made the decision to stay home I did it with intentional purpose and goals. During my 5-6 year interim, the first goal set aside for me to adjust to my new little bundle, the growing home of now five children, and spending time focusing on motherhood--lose as much weight as possible and return to FIT. My little Cheeks was born a few weeks before Christmas, so thankfully, it will allow me to enjoy the holidays this year at home with my children with out any outside obligations such as work or school pulling at me. My second goal will begin and end in 2018. All is still in process but as of now I will complete my Associates Degree of Psychology by December 2018. Once I complete my associates degree... Beginning January 2019 I'll be attending college fulltime to complete my third goal--my under grad in Language Speech Pathology. My last and final goal is to complete my graduate degree and receive my Masters in Language Speech Pathology. This folks, will be my ticket back into the work force! My little cheeks will be entering Kindergarten and my oldest will be a Junior going on Senior of High school by the time I return back to work--This time, working in the field I am passionate about and making the desired salary necessary for my big-little family.

"The capacity to learn is a gift; the ability to learn is a skill; the willingness to learn is a choice." -Brian Herbert. It is by choice we must push ourselves to succeed in life--whether it is meeting a goal, learning something new, or bettering ourselves overall. Life is so short and we must take every opportunity that is given to us. Each day is a new day to make new choices and to push harder than the day before. Once we are done living this life, we may take nothing with us, but we do leave behind our greatest asset--our legacy! It is up to us to make it a great one!

-Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment