Friday, September 29, 2017

"Take It All One Day At a Time and Enjoy the Journey" -Kristi Bartlett

Our journeys through life are all different and unique to our individual person and circumstance. Not everyone has the same family structure or support system; not everyone has the same life plan and goals. What is a big deal to one person isn't a big deal to another. In life it is always so good to be considerate of others. Generally speaking, we need to always look out for our individual needs as well as our family needs; but to some degree we have to maintain a sense of respect for others and see things from a broad perspective. If we limit our thinking to just our own lives, we miss whats happening in communities, the people around us, and even our close friends or family members.

The other side to this could be viewed as one who constantly puts others before themselves or their own individual/family needs. It's a slippery slope when you find yourself dedicated to people who have zero ability to see you have obligations and things happening that require your dedication to that person to shift onto the back burner; even if its only for a few days or a week. We can not constantly stretch ourselves thin for others, especially when the dedication is out of balance between two people. At the end of the day, we can only do so much for someone before they have to realize you can not be the answer to their needs/problems all the time. All we can do is the very best we can and know we made our best effort.

Let me just say, there is not a day that goes by I don't push myself to my absolute limits--between chasing babies, getting kids off to school, errands, laundry, cleaning house, home to recieve the kids after school, homework, reading, picking up someone from an activity or geting someone off to appointments,dinner, talking about our day, and trying to find time to just enjoy one another all before bedtimes--this has become such a challenge. I am pushing myself so hard at the gym and work hard to really stay on top of healthy eating habits. It's been so caotic I have been crashing so hard at the end of the day.

 Last night I had a combination of good/bad sleep. I dreamt all night about the strangest things, then the dreams went on for what felt like all night. I know I slept hard by the way I felt when I woke up, but toward the end of the night my dreams turned scary. I woke up to a pounding headache, stiff muscles, and sore all over. I was afraid the headache would reach the point of no return and become a full fledged migraine. Thankfully, taking a 800 IBP, moving around this morning and drinking coffee outside with the fresh air at a temp of 59, I recovered and the headache has subsided. Still sore as all get out-so today there will not be a visit to the gym. Myself and the babies will head out for a few hours this cool morning and get some walking and playing in for the day.

Otherwise, progress on the fitness front is well on its way. I weighed in this morning with a -2 lbs loss for the week; that's over all -69 lbs. I am beginning to notice my clothes fitting looser, and the constant having to pull up my pants. I don't think I'm quite ready for a size smaller-but definatly going to need to belt them on till its time to transition down the next size. This week at the gym I fcoused on cardio with arms day 1, cardio with legs day 2, cardio with abs day 3, and just cardio the last day. Each all included a good 10-15 minutes of stretching/yoga at the end of the work outs.

This evening the kids and I are excited to kick-off fall by heading out to a pumpkin patch this evening and roast marshmellows over the bon fire. Tomorrow will be a gym morning--It'll be my combo day: a little bit of everything-cardio, arms, legs, abs, stretching/yoga. This weekend is going to be great one and I'll be pulling out the fall decor to really warm up the house for this cool weather that is hopefully here to stay! Until next time...

-Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment