Sunday, May 5, 2013

Run With Your Heart Not your Legs



 photo 380c37d9-e302-4d62-a711-87f84b4c5b49_zpsb7c574d5.jpg

"The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be."
~Oprah Winfrey 
What a week!  This week has been my first major milestone for my weight loss journey!  I can not even begin to describe the sense of accomplishment and motivation I have now.  Weight loss has been one of my major struggles in my life.  Food has always controlled me... I never realized it until I turned my lifestyle around.  We live is such a fast paced world.  The lady of the home works whether a household is a family of one, two or a family of more; it is the reality of this day and age.  It's become so expensive to live especially if you want to live comfortably.  I feel this is WHY our country has the highest obesity rate.  We go and go and go with no time to really put in what it takes to eat healthy.  We scarf our food down because we have NO time to sit and properly eat allowing proper digestion.  Our bodies are running on constant over drive.  So our poor bodies start storing fat and weight comes rapidly.  This leaves me to conclude why so many people do not exercise or maintain an active lifestyle.  We're simply too tired!  
For my personally, having the realization of my families health history and knowing so many little lives depend on me has been one of my biggest motivators.  I don't have time to allow the fast pace in our life to bring me down.  I have to keep at my best as much as possible so I can be everything my family needs me to be.  I want to live a long full life watching my children grow up. I want to be able to keep up with all my grand babies in the far future. I don't think my perspective on life was near as sharp as it is now that I have SO much to live for.  Much more than I ever imagined I could possibly have.  I let myself get so out of control I have to work extra hard now to meet my goals and be where I need to be.
On that note I have far exceeded my first short term goal and I am ready to push harder and meet each coming goal until I am at a maintaining level! (my final goal) Previously I reported my final 1st 90 days Vi Challenge was -38 pounds!  I did my week ending weigh in this morning and lost an additional -2.2#'s!  This week in total I lost -3.86#'s!  My grand total over all weight loss to date is -40.2#'s!  I can't believe in less than 10 pounds I will be half way to my final goal!  Life is defiantly fabulous right now!!! 


~Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment